COMPREHENSIVE PAIN MANAGEMENT
The NeuroMedical Center’s Pain Management department combines the Louisiana’s leading team of physicians specializing in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), Pain Medicine, and Interventional Pain to provide our patients with the full range of non-surgical treatment options for chronic and acute pain.
- EXPERIENCE MATTERS 7,200+ pain relieving procedures performed annually
- HIGHLY SPECIALIZED CARE 6 of Louisiana’s top pain management specialists
- ADVANCED PROCEDURES Offering the best interventional solutions to treat your specific source of pain
PAIN MEDICINE & INTERVENTIONAL PAIN
The NeuroMedical Center’s Pain Management team aims to improve our patients’ quality of life by providing minimally-invasive and maximally effective treatments for chronic back and neck pain conditions. Many times back or neck surgery can be avoided using an interventional approach. Our treatment goal is to minimize our patients’ dependence on opioids by exploring all non-surgical options to get you back on track, pain-free!
Non-Surgical Treatment Options
Treatment for pain varies, depending on the cause. Some treatments are designed to reduce pain, and some are designed to help patients manage pain. More common methods used by our pain interventionalists to relieve pain include:
Five-star quality of care
The NeuroMedical Center’s Pain Management team has access to a 5-star hospital dedicated to spine-related pain management. The full range of pain management procedures are performed in one of The Spine Hospital of Louisiana’s five pain procedure suites located on the first floor of The NeuroMedical Center. More than 7,000 procedures are performed at The Spine Hospital every year by The NeuroMedical Center’s Pain Management team who utilize the safest and most effective manners available including fluoroscopic (x-ray) guidance for excellent patient outcomes.
PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION (PM&R)
Physicians who specialize in physical medicine & rehabilitation (PM&R) are called “physiatrists.” Physiatrists at The NeuroMedical Center offer extensive training and experience in helping patients with complex neurological disease and injuries optimize recovery. Our experts work closely with an interdisciplinary team of neurological specialists and therapists to provide patients the most advanced, effective neurorehabilitation programs currently available in Louisiana.
Consider seeing a PM&R specialist if:
- You’ve been in an accident that has left you with pain or limited function
- You’ve suffered a stroke or nerve damage
- You’re dealing with chronic pain from a back or neck issue
- You’re recovering from major surgery
The NeuroMedical Center’s Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Specialists offer 24-hour care for patients in need of neurorehabilitation in The NeuroMedical Center’s Rehabilitation Hospital located on the 6th floor of The NeuroMedical Center. The 27-bed facility is designed to help patients with various neurological diagnoses improve function and achieve the highest level of independence.
MEET OUR PAIN MANAGEMENT TEAM
Scott D. Nyboer, M.D.
PM&R / Pain Medicine Specialist
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
Whether your pain is a result of neurological disease, trauma, work accident, or sports injury, our team’s goal is to find the very best treatment, or combination of treatments to provide lasting pain relief and get you back to the life you know as quickly as possible.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Chronic Pain Syndrome (CPS)
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Spinal Cord Injuries
NEW NEUROMEDICAL CENTER’S CHRONIC PAIN & OPIOID MEDICATION POLICY
It is The NeuroMedical Center’s goal to safely reduce opioid usage while insuring our patients continue to improve and experience better quality of life. Many of our patients live with chronic, neurological disorders. Others suffered physical trauma and are on a long road to recovery. Our physicians recognize the delicate nature of opioid therapies and take pride in the appropriate usage and prescription of such medications. Although our physicians do incorporate opioid therapy in the treatment of some conditions and patients, opioids are never considered first-line therapy for chronic pain here at The NeuroMedical Center.
CHOOSE THE NEUROMEDICAL CENTER’S PAIN MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Avoid surgery by treating your pain conservatively and with the most advanced therapies
- All pain physicians board certified and fellowship-trained
- State-of-the-art neuroimaging technologies to pinpoint your exact source of pain
- All pain procedures performed in-house at the award-winning Spine Hospital of Louisiana
- Close to home and easy to access- 3 pain management clinics located throughout South Louisiana
- If you need appointments with more than one neurological expert for testing, we will coordinate your visits on the same day so you don’t have to make multiple trips