Leading-Edge Neurology in Louisiana
The NeuroMedical Center brings together the region’s top neurologists with expertise in some of the most groundbreaking neurologic therapies and technologies. Seven board certified, fellowship-trained neurologists provide expert assessment, diagnosis, and management for the full spectrum of adult neurologic disorders. Our neurologists work with your primary care provider to deliver exceptional neurological care tailored to your unique needs.
- MS Expertise The NeuroMedical Center offer’s one of the region’s most comprehensive multiple sclerosis (MS) programs, caring for over 1,400 patients with MS annually.
- Brain Tumor Program The NeuroMedical Center is home to Baton Rouge’s only board-certified, fellowship-trained neurologist/neuro-oncologist for outstanding expertise in brain and spinal tumors.
- Nationally-Recognized Care The NeuroMedical Center’s distinguished Movement Disorder program has provided life-changing results for individuals suffering from Parkinson’s disease, essential tremor (ET), and dystonia.
- Clinical Research Neurologists at The NeuroMedical Center actively participate in the latest clinical trial studies, helping to lead the way in new neurological treatments and therapies.
Advanced Treatment for All Brain, Spine, and Nervous System Disorders
Neurologists are medical specialists who diagnose and treat disorders that affect the brain, spinal cord and nerves such as:
- Cerebrovascular disease, such as stroke
- Demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system, such as multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Movement disorders, such as Parkinson’s disease & essential tremor (ET)
- Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy
- Neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease
- Infections of the brain and peripheral nervous system
Life-changing treatments provided by The NeuroMedical Center’s Neurology team have been shared all over the world.
Specialized Neurology Programs
Using an interdisciplinary approach to assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation for neurological conditions, our neurologists work hand-in-hand with neurosurgeons, physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R), pain medicine, neuropsychologists, and neuroradiologists at The NeuroMedical Center to provide complete care for our patients. While all of our neurologists practice general neurology, our expertise extends to several subspecialties including:
Comprehensive Neurology Services
The NeuroMedical Center’s Neurology team is committed to providing our patients and their families quick, accurate diagnosis from the complex array of possible neurological disorders. The NeuroMedical Center’s neurologists offer a variety of leading-edge diagnostic tests and imaging capabilities in-house to identify neurologic disorders and develop appropriate treatment plans. Treatments are designed around each patient’s condition, disease progression, and unique needs, and may include a combination of therapies.
The NeuroMedical Center's Neurology team has in-house access to a comprehensive range of imaging services using state-of-the-art imaging technology for the fastest and most accurate results for our patients. We offer studies of the head, neck, and spine, as well as orthopedic scans.
The NeuroMedical Center offers the latest in electrodiagnostic testing including electroencephalography (EEG), Electromyography (EMG), evoked potentials, and nerve conduction studies for the most accurate assessments of neurological function.
The NeuroMedical Center offers a full-service Sleep Center with advanced equipment to monitor your sleep and determine the nature of your sleep disturbances and help put you on the road to restfulness.
IV Hydration & Vitamin Infusion
The NeuroMedical Center offers IV Hydration and Vitamin Infusion services to help our established patients and the community at large “Recover, Refresh, Revive, Restore, and Revitalize” with an intravenous delivery of fluids, electrolytes, and vitamins.
Clinical Research at The neuroMedical Center
Neurologists at The NeuroMedical Center are engaged in a variety of clinical and basic research to better understand, prevent, and treat neurological disorders. The NeuroMedical Center also offers an in-house Clinical Research department, allowing patients access to new therapies currently only available in trial studies.
Meet Our Neurology Team
Using an interdisciplinary approach to treatment and rehabilitation for neurological conditions, our neurologists work hand-in-hand with the entire team of neuro specialists and physical medicine practitioners at the NeuroMedical Center to provide complete care for our patients.
Karen Adair, PA-C
Savannah Diaz, PA-C
Melanie Roberts-Boyd, FNP-C
Erin Spangler, FNP-C
Neurological Conditions Treated
Neurologists at The NeuroMedical Center offer comprehensive assessment, diagnosis, and care management for common to complex disorders of the central nervous system. Click the links to learn more about specific conditions we expertly treat.
Choose the NeuroMedical Center's Neurology Team
- Highest level of comprehensive & patient-centered neurological care.
- All neurologists board certified/board eligible and fellowship-trained.
- Treatments designed around each patient’s condition, disease progression, and unique needs.
- All neurodiagnostic and neuroimaging technology is available in-house, allowing for timely results and faster diagnoses.
- If you need appointments with more than one neurological expert for for testing, we will coordinate your visits on the same day so you don’t have to make multiple trips.
- Our in-house Clinical Research department offers our patients access to the latest treatments and therapies, only available in trial studies.
Request an Appointment With A Neurologist
at The NeuroMedical Center
Online appointment requests from NEW patients are handled Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m-5:00 p.m. Please fill out the form below, and one of our Scheduling specialists will reach out to you within one business day. You can also request an appointment by calling The NeuroMedical Center Clinic Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (225) 768-2050.