Louisiana's Leading Neurosurgical Team
If you develop back, neck, or other neurological problems that may require surgery, you need a surgeon who will give you the correct diagnosis and the best treatment possible. You want excellence. At The NeuroMedical Center, the birthplace of neurosurgery in Baton Rouge, that is exactly what you will find. The NeuroMedical Center’s Neurosurgery team is a recognized leader in comprehensive management of brain and spine conditions, disorders, and injuries. Our neurosurgeons are part of the largest neurosurgical group in Louisiana, and perform more brain and spine surgeries than any other physician group in Louisiana. Ten superbly-trained spine specialists work as one to provide our patients the best possible outcomes utilizing the most minimally-invasive options available for the full range of neurosurgical conditions.
- World-Class Care 10 board certified neurosurgeons collaborate with experts from all the neurological specialties to offer excellence in the management of common to complex neurological conditions.
- Unparalleled Experience The NeuroMedical Center launched Baton Rouge’s neurosurgery program in 1978, and today, cares for more than 125,000 patients annually.
- Cutting-Edge Treatments & Technology The NeuroMedical Center’s neurosurgery team is the first in the region to offer Minimally-Invasive Laser & Robotic-Assisted spinal surgery, and offers some of the region’s only board certified, fellowship-trained endovascular neurosurgeons.
Experience, Collaboration, Innovation, and Excellence in Neurosurgery
All-Inclusive Neurosurgical Care
Neurological surgeons at The NeuroMedical Center are medical specialists who diagnose and treat disorders of the entire nervous system, providing exceptional care for brain tumors, spinal tumors, herniated discs, stroke, aneurysms, degenerative disc disease, sciatica,scoliosis, lumbar radiculopathy, back and neck pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome. Our neurosurgeons collaborate with specialists in neurology, neuro-oncology, physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R), pain medicine, neuropsychologists, and neuroradiologists to offer excellence in the management of the full range of neurological conditions.
Spine Care Excellence
While our neurosurgeons perform brain surgery, they also provide the highest level of expertise in spine disorder treatment. Our neurosurgery team is committed to treating your condition conservatively, only recommending spine surgery when absolutely necessary. Committed to a minimally-invasive approach, neurosurgeons at The NeuroMedical Center have developed techniques that allow for a quicker return to life after spine surgery.
- Neurosurgeons complete more spinal surgery training than any other specialty.
- Neurosurgeons are trained in treating diseases of the spine throughout a 7-year residency.
- Neurosurgeons uniquely understand how the brain, spine, and nerves function together and appropriate treatment for injury
- Neurosurgeons spend about 80 percent of their time treating spine problems.
Neurosurgeons at The NeuroMedical Center were some of the first surgeons in the Country to offer laser spine surgery for the treatment of spinal stenosis, herniated discs, and other degenerative spinal disorders.
More Than A Second Opinion…
Conditions that require neurosurgery may need the expertise of more than one specialty. When you are a patient of The NeuroMedical Center, you have access to an entire team of neurological experts who work as one to provide you with the very best treatment plan possible. Complex neurosurgical cases are reviewed in bi-weekly neuroconferences, meaning multiple medical professionals evaluate your condition before surgery.
Neurosurgeons at The NeuroMedical Center perform advanced brain and spine surgeries and working with other specialists to ensure the best results possible. These specialists are some of the only neurosurgeons in the nation with the advanced training and experience to perform life-changing deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery for movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor (ET), as well as cutting-edge minimally-invasive laser and robotic-assisted spinal surgery. The NeuroMedical Center offers one of the region’s top programs in cerebrovascular and endovascular neurosurgery, one of the most rapidly advancing fields of medicine. Click a link below to learn more about each of our comprehensive neurosurgical programs:
Meet Our Neurosurgery Team
10 neurosurgeons comprise the largest neurosurgical group in Louisiana. Our board certified neurosurgeons undergo extensive fellowship training in their respective specialized fields such as minimally invasive and complex spinal surgery, skull base surgery, and endovascular neurosurgery, and work with an interdisciplinary team of neurological specialists to provide the best treatment approach and plan of care for each patient.
Taylor Bishop, PA-C
Shayne Brizzard, PA-C
Amanda Bucher, PA-C
Valarie Comeau, PA-C
Tamra Corban, PA-C
Kate Costanza, PA-C
Darren Couvillion, PA-C
Sandra DeFelice, PA-C Neurosurgery
Kristen Dubois, NP
Mark Loupe, PA-C
Daniel Long, PA-C
Kristin McIntyre, PA-C
Alexandra Rau, PA-C
Lisa Schavrien, PA-C
Sarah Watts, PA-C
Neurosurgical Conditions Treated
Neurosurgeons at The NeuroMedical Center offer expert diagnosis and treatment for a variety of neurological symptoms, traumatic injury, and chronic conditions. Click the links to learn more about conditions our neurosurgeons commonly treat.
Choose the NeuroMedical Center's Neurosurgery Team
- Highest level of comprehensive & patient-centered neurosurgical care
- All neurosurgeons board certified and fellowship-trained
- First and only neurosurgeons on Gulf Coast to offer minimally-invasive laser & robotic-guided spinal surgery
- Close to home and easy to access- 7 neurosurgery clinics located throughout South Louisiana
- If you need appointments with more than one neurological expert for testing, we will coordinate your visits on the same day so you don’t have to make multiple trips
- If we believe your condition doesn’t require surgery, we’ll recommend another plan. We respect your time, and we try to prevent unnecessary visits.
Request an Appointment With A Neurosurgeon
at The NeuroMedical Center
Online appointment requests from NEW patients are handled Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m-5:00 p.m. Please fill out the form below, and one of our Scheduling specialists will reach out to you within one business day. You can also request an appointment by calling The NeuroMedical Center Clinic Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (225) 768-2050.