Refer A Patient | The NeuroMedical Center in Baton Rouge | Serving Louisiana
Spine Hospital Referrals
NMC Rehabilitation Hospital Referrals
The NeuroMedical Center Clinic Referrals
The NeuroMedical Center Clinic welcomes the opportunity to partner with you in caring for your patients. Our capable and specialized physicians and support staff are ready to step in and maintain the same level of high-quality care you’ve provided to your patient. Our neurological specialists offer consultations, second opinions, treatment management, and follow-up care for your patients. We will do the very best to provide your patient the best possible outcome.
To refer a patient to The NeuroMedical Center Clinic please fill out our online Provider Referral Form –or- fax our referral form to (225) 768-2186. Once your patient’s appointment has been scheduled, you will receive a confirmation via a phone call from our scheduling department.
Our Appointment Scheduling team is also available Monday-Friday during our normal business hours of 8:30am-5:00pm to serve you and your patients. Please call our Appointment Scheduling line at (225) 768-2050 if you need further assistance, or to obtain more information about our clinical specialists and services.
When contacting us to schedule your patients, you will need to provide the following information.
- Reason for referral
- Type of specialist needed (Neurosurgeon, Neurologist, Pain Management, Neuropsychologist)
- Preferred provider (Click here for directory)
- Patient demographic & insurance information
- Corresponding records for the referral faxed to (833) 756-2680
We will work with your patient to complete the registration process and to schedule an appointment at the patient’s convenience. Thank you for your referral and for entrusting your patients to our care.
The Spine Hospital of LA Sleep Center Referrals
The Spine Hospital of Louisiana’s AASM-accredited Sleep Center has helped physicians all over South Louisiana properly diagnose their patients’ chronic sleep disorders. We look forward to the opportunity to helping you improve the quality of sleep and overall health of your patients.
To refer your patient to our Sleep Center:
- Contact our Sleep Study Coordinator, Danielle Stewart, directly at (225) 763-9900 ext. 164, or
- Download our Sleep Center referral form and fax completed form with proper documentation to (225) 906-4840.
- Our Sleep Center will call the patient to schedule a study.
- In the event a patient is not able to be scheduled at our Sleep Center due to insurance constraints, your office will be notified.
The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital Referrals
The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital accepts referrals from physicians, clinical care coordinators, and other healthcare organizations for our Inpatient and Outpatient Day Neuro Programs. Each referred patient is carefully assessed to determine whether his or her specific condition would benefit from the comprehensive level of care and services we provide.
To start the Inpatient referral process, please contact our Clinical liaison office or download our fax referral form:
Telephone: (225) 906-3838
Email: [email protected]
Fax: (225) 906-3837
When contacting us to assess your patients, please have the following information readily available:
- Patient demographic information
- Clinical Information
- Patient insurance information
General Acute Rehabilitation Criteria
To be admitted to The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital, the patient should:
- Demonstrate a need for a multi-disciplinary rehabilitation program of at least two disciplines (one of which must be physical or occupational therapy)
- Be medically stable and able to actively participate in multi-disciplinary therapy program
- Have reasonable expectations of rehabilitation potential and functional improvement
- Need 24-hour rehabilitation nursing care and medical management by a physiatrist
- Have a plan to return back to the community setting
- Have appropriate rehabilitation benefits and financial responsibility has been confirmed
Outpatient Day Neuro Referrals
The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital’s Day Neuro Program exists to provide treatment beyond Inpatient rehabilitation. The Day Neuro Program helps ease the transition from the inpatient or acute setting to life back at home through a customized treatment plan that addresses the patient’s unique goals.
All referrals to The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital’s Outpatient Day Neuro Program are reviewed by our team before the initial appointment and assessment is scheduled.
To make referrals quick and easy, please download and print our Day Neuro prescription request form.
Questions About Referrals?