BATON ROUGE’S TOP PHYSICAL & OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY PROGRAM
If you are experiencing physical limitations caused by neurological disorder, injury or pain, a physician may refer you to The NeuroMedical Center Clinic’s Outpatient Therapy Center. The NeuroMedical Center offers Baton Rouge’s best team of physical and occupational therapist specializing in getting patients better after a neurological episode such as a stroke, back or neck surgery, or sports or work-related injury. We provide compassionate, one-on-one care and strive to help you move better, feel better, and return to the things you love most in life as quickly as possible.
When you choose The NeuroMedical Center’s Outpatient Therapy team, you will always receive:
- OUR FULL ATTENTION Therapy and exercise sessions are always one-on-one and designed to maximize your results in the shortest time possible. We listen to your concerns and tailor a program focused on your expressed goals.
- CERTIFIED THERAPISTS Our physical and occupational therapists have received advanced certifications and training in specialized techniques including neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT), LSVT BIG, Neuro-IFRAH, the McKenzie method, and trigger point dry needling.
- FLEXIBLE APPOINTMENT TIMES Whether you are a working mom or a weekend warrior, our services are based on YOUR schedule.
- CONVENIENCE & ACCESS Our Outpatient Therapy Center is strategically located just off I-12’s Millerville exit to offer our patients a convenient location that is easily accessed from any part of Baton Rouge, Livingston Parish, Ascension Parish, and other surrounding parishes. Our spacious parking lot is located steps from our front door, giving you immediate access to our services.
- Custom Static and Dynamic Splinting
- Electrical Stimulation
- Functional Mobility Training
- Gait Training
- Heat/Cold Modalities
- McKenzie Method Therapy
- Posture/Mechanics Training
- Spinal Unweighing System
- Wheelchair Skills
A TEAM APPROACH
Our physical and occupational therapists work closely with your NeuroMedical Center physician or referring provider to ensure well-coordinated and seamless neurological, orthopaedic, and neuromuscular rehabilitative care.
Our Physical Therapy Program consists of licensed and certified therapists with decades of experience in the field. All specialize in the treatment of pain in the back, neck and extremities, and have undergone extensive training and certification in the McKenzie approach of mechanical diagnosis and treatment. They successfully rehabilitate patients who are actively recovering from spinal surgery, or are suffering with painful complications like facet joint dysfunction, herniated discs, and plantar fasciitis. Our Orthopedic Program also offers an expert team of Certified Hand Therapists (CHTs) who are highly skilled at restoring functionality to patients who are suffering from conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome.
Therapists at The NeuroMedical Center are experts in enhancing function of individuals who are recovering from a neurological episode such as stroke, or are experiencing balance and movement issues associated with conditions including Parkinson’s disease, MS, traumatic brain injury, cerebral palsy, ALS, Guillain-Barre syndrome, and peripheral neuropathy. Our neurological rehabilitation programs are provide our patients with:
- Highly challenging exercise programs to improve strength and range of motion
- Computerized balance training to assess, treat, and prevent falls
- Gait training to pinpoint gait deficits / facilitate return of normal gait patterns
- Teaching modifications to best assist with performing activities of daily living
- Assistive device recommendations and training
Orthopedic & Neuromuscular Physical Therapy
Our Outpatient Therapy team treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions from back and neck pain, to upper and lower extremity pain, to paint pain and stiffness, to pulled muscles and tendonitis. Our therapists work one-on-one with each of our patients to identify activity that causes or exacerbates back or neck injury pain. In true McKenzie Method fashion, we then teach the patient how to manage their pain independently with exercises and postures that alleviate pain and improve motion and function. Treatment options also include trigger point dry needling (TDN) for back pain, neck pain, muscle spasm, hamstring issues, and sports injuries, as well as highly effective neuromuscular and supportive Kinesio taping techniques for carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis, and rotator cuff injuries.
Dry Needling at The NeuroMedical Center’s Outpatient Therapy Center continues to provide phenomenal results for patients suffering with a range of chronic conditions that cause pain or hinder mobility.
After a successful surgery, the real work begins with your NeuroMedical Center therapy team! We work with our neurosurgeons to help spine surgery patients regain strength and mobility after their back or neck operation. It is important that you team up with an experienced therapist after having surgery so that they can work with you to help you move in the correct ways and speed up your recovery process.
The NeuroMedical Center offers Hand Therapy specialists who provide highly-customized treatment for individuals who are experiencing loss of functioning in their upper extremities due to injury, accident, or neurological condition. Our hand therapists are highly skilled rehabilitating injuries of the hands, wrists, elbows, and shoulders through techniques such as ROM exercises, scar and soft tissue massage, joint mobilizations, and custom static & dynamic splinting.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
Our physical and occupational therapists boast five decades of experience rehabilitating the full range of orthopedic, and neuromuscular conditions.
ASK FOR THE NEUROMEDICAL CENTER’S OUTPATIENT THERAPY TEAM BY NAME
During your time at The NeuroMedical Center’s Outpatient Therapy Center, we communicate your progress and discharge plans with your referring physician for a strong, comprehensive approach. If you believe you may benefit from physical therapy, talk to your doctor and request a referral to The NeuroMedical Center’s Outpatient Therapy Center.
If you are a healthcare provider and you would like to refer a patient to our Outpatient Therapy Center, please download our physician fax referral form.
To obtain information additional information on whether a patient may be an appropriate candidate for physical or occupational therapy please contact us today (225) 751-9797.