Outpatient Therapy at The NeuroMedical Center
Our Outpatient Therapy team comprised of physical and occupational therapists is committed to providing patients with the highest quality of care through individualized evaluation and treatment programs. We exist to meet the needs of the neurological, orthopaedic, and neuromuscular population with a devotion to hands-on manual therapy techniques. Our team has received extensive training in neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT) and is one of the select few in the Greater Baton Rouge area that is certified in the McKenzie Method of mechanical diagnosis and treatment, and have earned some of the highest designations in their fields:
- Doctoral Degrees in Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Licensed Occupational Therapists (OT, LOTR)
- Certified Hand Therapists (CHT)
The providers work alongside physicians to develop comprehensive, individualized care plans for patients who are experiencing physical limitations. We are committed to helping every single patient get better after an illness or injury, by improving their mobility, performance, and pain-free movement. It is our pledge to work with you, your family, and your physician to provide individualized and goal-oriented treatment programs designed with your unique condition in mind.
Trained and certified in neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT), our physical and occupational therapists utilize the skills to enhance function of individuals with difficulty controlling movement and with functional impairments associated with neurological disorders including:
- Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nerve Compression Disorders
- Parkinson's Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy
Specialized services for neurologically-compromised patients include:
- ADAPTIVE EQUIPMENT CONSULTATION - Recommendations on devices to best assist you with performing activities of daily living.
- FALLTRAK™ BALANCE TRAINING - Computerized system used to assess and treat fall-risk patients.
- GAIT TRAINING - Physical therapists specifically trained in recognizing gait deficits and facilitating return of normal gait patterns.
- LSVT BIG® - Specialized exercise and therapy program to improve quality of movement and balance for patients with Parkinson's disease.
- NEUROMUSCULAR RE-EDUCATION FOR ARMS, LEGS, AND TRUNK
- WHEELCHAIR SKILLS TRAINING
- Facet Joint Dysfunction
- Herniated Disc
- Ligament Sprains
- Muscle Strains
- Impingement Syndrome
- Rotator Cuff
- Elbow Pain
- Soft Tissue Injury
Lower Extremity Injuries
- Knee/Ankle Ligament
- Post-Fracture Rehabilitation
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Total Joint Replacement
Our Certified Hand Therapists (CHT) provide the very best treatment for individuals who are experiencing loss of functioning in their upper extremities due to injury, accident, or neurological condition. Our hand therapists are experts in rehabilitating injuries of the hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain's Syndrome
- Tendon and Ligament Injuries
- Adaptive Equipment
- Custom Static/Dynamic Splinting
- Joint Mobilizations
- Neuromuscular Re-Education
- ROM Exercises
- Scar and Soft Tissue Massage
- Strengthening Exercises
The McKenzie Method
Our Outpatient Therapy team is one of the few in the area trained and certified in the McKenzie approach of mechanical diagnosis and treatment. Our therapists work one-on-one with each patient to identify activity that cause or exacerbate back or neck pain, and then teach the patient how to self-treat with exercises and postures that alleviate pain and improve motion and function.
Physical Therapists at The NeuroMedical Center have earned advanced certifications in Trigger Point Dry Needling (TDN), a highly effective treatment for back and neck pain, stiffness or spasm.
Our physical and occupational therapists offer Kinesio Taping® for major muscle groups as well as smaller joints to treat conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, plantar fasciitis, and rotator cuff injuries in patients of all ages. Kinesio Tape can be applied in hundreds of ways and has the ability to re-educate the neuromuscular system, reduce pain and inflammation, and prevent injury without restricting the body's range of motion.
Trust our physical and occupational therapists to help you relieve pain, recover strength, and regain mobility following back, neck, hip, knee, or shoulder surgery with extensive post-surgical education and:
- Functional Mobility Training
- Joint Mobilization Techniques
- Progressive Strength Training
- Muscle Relaxation Techniques
- Targeted Stretching
- Pain Relieving Modalities (Ice, Heat, Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation)
Physical therapy works to enhance mobility and strength or restore use of multiple functions while decreasing pain for our patients. Our physical therapists are experts in optimizing muscle control, balance flexibility and movement. Inside our spacious gymnasium, they provide patient training and assistance in specially designed exercises and equipment to help strengthen muscles and improve range of motion. Among the methods and modalities used by our physical therapists, we incorporate exercise and training techniques, such as:
- Mobility and ambulation training
- Joint flexibility and mobility exercise
- Pain management technique
- Strength endurance exercises
- Posture positioning and balance training
Referring to our Outpatient Therapy Center
If you are a healthcare provider and you would like to refer a patient to our Outpatient Therapy Center, or obtain information about whether a patient may be an appropriate candidate for physical or occupational therapy please contact us today (225) 768-2050.
Conveniently located to serve you!
- Baton Rouge (Just off I-12 near Millerville) 15420 S. Harrell's Ferry Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70810