Inpatient Rehabilitation - The NeuroMedical Center
Complex Neurologic and Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital is the area’s leader in recovery from stroke, acquired brain injury, and spinal cord injury. We bring together a leading team of neurorehabilitation specialists right when and where you need it. Our highly trained staff is equipped a treat a wide scope of neurological and orthopaedic conditions including hip fractures and joint replacements. Our mission is to return individuals to their optimal level of independence and well-being despite temporary or permanent disability.
Rehabilitation Hospital Therapy Programs
- Brain Injury & Dysfunction
- Spine Cord Injury & Dysfunction
- Orthopaedic Conditions
- Post-Joint Recovery
- Major/Multiple Trauma
- Neurological Conditions
- Arthritic Conditions
- Congenital Deformities
- Medically-Complex Conditions
The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital is a 27-bed inpatient hospital that combines progressive equipment and technology with proven therapy methods to comprehensively treat patients medically, socially, emotionally, and vocationally. Our Hospital is located on the same campus as our main clinic and physician offices, allowing our clinicians to see their patients throughout their stay and during the course of their therapies. Our multidisciplinary neuro-rehabilitation programs are led by an expert team of physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) specialists (also known as physiatrists) and include a highly-specialized collection of rehabilitation nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, neuropsychologists, case managers, and social workers who work as one to determine the right course for your needs. Meet Our Team>
Our therapy programs and support services for every stage of your recovery are geared towards:
- Improving communication, comprehension, cognitive memory, and attention skills
- Improving speech, swallowing and eating skills, and facial weakness
- Developing skills and strategies for activities of daily living in household settings
- Incision and wound care, pain management, and medical monitoring
Rehabilitation Hospital Amenities
Designed with your comfort in mind, our hospital was made to look and feel like home. A therapeutic dining room on the 6th floor overlooks Baton Rouge's Perkins Rowe and offers some of the best views of the city.
One of the new and unique components of our The NeuroMedical Center Rehabilitation Hospital’s Inpatient program is the ability to participate in Animal-Assisted Therapy. Our Animal-assisted therapy program is a goal-directed intervention designed to provide canine interaction with patients to improve quality of life, emotional support, social interaction, sensory therapy and improve functional mobility.
Through the help of specially-trained therapy dogs, patients are motivated and encouraged to reach therapy goals and increase activity while working one-on-one with therapists. Patients look forward to seeing the dogs during their sessions weekly and visits are a welcome distraction to relieve pain and discomfort, reduce anxiety, and facilitate healing. Our volunteer therapy animals and handlers are well experienced with a passion to improve patients’ physical and emotional well-being.
In addition to emotional support, our volunteer therapy animals provide patients with motivation to:
- Interact with others in an open environment
- Improve their mood and decrease stress and discomfort
- Participate in structured environment to improve ability to meet individualized therapeutic goals
- Increase mobility by walking, leading and following the volunteer therapy animal.
- Prepare for their transition home
Outstanding Rehabilitative Care
The NeuroMedical Center’s Rehabilitation team is committed to:
- Providing the most comprehensive, patient-focused rehabilitation through a multi-disciplinary approach
- Maximizing recovery from the physical, cognitive, and psychological impairments caused by neurological or medically-complex events
- Helping patients return to an optimal level of independence at home and in the community
- Preparing individuals, family, and caregivers for transition to the next stage of the rehabilitation process
Schedule A Tour Today!