NEURODIAGNOSTIC LAB PROFESSIONAL STAFF
The neurodiagnostic lab is a department that specializes in multi-modalities of electrodiagnostic testing. These different areas of technologies offer tremendous benefit in the diagnosis and monitoring of the central nervous system to the trained neurologist. The department employs registered and/or certified technologists with well over 50 years combined experience.
In 2007, The NeuroMedical Center Clinic attained recognition for its commitment to providing a high level of patient care and quality testing for the diagnosis of vascular disease. The facility achieved accreditation by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL).
In 2008, The NeuroMedical Center Clinic was granted accreditation by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL). The laboratory is one of the first one thousand echocardiography laboratories in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico to be so recognized for its commitment to high quality patient care and its provision of quality diagnostic testing.
Neurodiagnostic Lab Services
- CUS (Carotid Ultrasound Studies) – ultrasound of the carotid arteries
- Holter Monitoring – 24-hour continuous mobile monitoring of the heart rate Echocardiogram – ultrasound of the heart
- EEG (Electroencephalogram) – a test that measures the electrical activity from the brain
- 24 Hour Ambulatory EEG – mobile continuous recording of brain wave activity
- EMG (Electromyography) – a test that records the electrical activity from the muscle
- EP (Evoked Potential) – stimulation of peripheral or cranial nerve and measuring the conduction speed via the spinal cord to the brain
- MSLT (Multiple Sleep Latency Test) – multiple sleep naps using EEG for the assessment of narcolepsy and excessive daytime sleepiness
- NCV (Nerve Conduction Velocity) – a test that measures the conduction speed of the nerve by stimulating the nerve with a mild shock
- TCD (Transcranial Doppler) – a test that evaluates the blood flow to the brain
- VNG (Video Nystagmography) – a test that checks the health of the vestibular system for severe vertigo and dizziness
*The neurodiagnostic department also provides and specializes in surgical intraoperative monitoring of the brain and spinal cord for various surgical procedures.