ADVANCED STEREOTACTIC BRAIN SURGERY TECHNOLOGY
Gamma Knife Icon is an innovative, noninvasive radiosurgery technology for the treatment of primary brain tumors, brain metastases and other central nervous system conditions. Our Gamma Knife Icon-credentialed neurosurgeons and Neuro-Oncologist, Dr. Jon D. Olson work closely with oncologists at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center and other specialists to ensure patients receive the most effective, individualized treatments available.
- Primary Brain Tumors
- Vestibular Schwannoma Acoustic Neuroma
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Brain Metastases
- Arteriovenous Malformation
- Pituitary Adenoma
- Glioblastoma (GBM)
BENEFITS TO PATIENT
- Delivers up to 100 times lower radiation to the healthy tissue around the tumor or other condition
- Patients return home and back to daily life in a few hours. No rehab or overnight stays in the hospital
- Can be used more than once, meaning that a patient suffering from multiple or returning conditions can use this procedure again
- Offers the highest accuracy of any radiation treatment currently available
TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR TODAY
Gamma Knife Icon is the preferred treatment for patients seeking a less invasive option to surgery or whole brain radiation. If you or a loved one are suffering from any of the conditions Gamma Knife Icon treats, ask your physician if this could be the right choice for you. Contact Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center for an appointment or more information on Gamma Knife Icon.