EXPERT ASSESSMENT OF NEUROPSYCHOLOGICAL CONDITIONS
The NeuroMedical Center’s Neuropsychology department is comprised of licensed neuropsychologists and clinical psychologists who specialize in the testing, evaluation, and rehabilitation of patients with a wide variety of neurological conditions. Through standardized assessment, our Neuropsychologists and Clinical Psychologists provide expert insight to better understand the strengths and weaknesses of our patients’ psychological health. Our neuropsychologists and clinical psychologists commonly see patients with a variety of known or suspected neurological conditions including traumatic brain injury (TBI), Alzheimer’s, dementia, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and movement disorders.
There are many reasons why you may have been referred for a neuropsychological evaluation. Your health care provider may request an exam in effort to:
- Recover function following a neurological episode (brain injury, stroke)
- Evaluation of possible brain dysfunction
- Memory & attention problems
- Seizure disorders
- Sleep disorders
To understand an individual’s cognitive strengths and weaknesses, our clinicians conduct an initial diagnostic interview and mental status exam. These assessments help clinicians and help evaluate an individual’s level of psychological functioning in key areas including:
- Changes in Intelligence
- Attention & Concentration
- Learning & Memory
- Executive Functioning
- Visual & Spacial Skills
- Motor & Sensory Skills
- Mood & Personality
Test results can be used to understand your situation in a number of ways:
- Differential diagnosis (normal aging vs. dementia)
- Severity of impairment
- Return to work issues vs. disability
Sometimes testing is used to establish a “baseline” or document a person’s skills before there is a problem. The changes can then be documented over time.
Following evaluation, the psychologist will work in conjunction with your referring physician to establish an appropriate treatment regimen. Treatment may involve primary counseling or medication management, or some combination of the two.
MEET OUR PSYCHOLOGISTS
Our Neuropsychology Department offers a seasoned team of experts with exceptional experience and compassion in caring for people with neurologic diseases and disorders. They take the time to meet with patients one-on-one to understand their symptoms, as well as learn how the disorder is affecting their lives and the lives of their families.
- Head Injury
- Memory Problems
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
- Traumatic brain injury
CHOOSE THE NEUROMEDICAL CENTER’S NEUROPSYCHOLOGY TEAM
- Highest level of comprehensive & patient-centered neurological care
- If you need appointments with more than one neurological expert for for testing, we will coordinate your visits on the same day so you don’t have to make multiple trips.
- All neurodiagnostic/neuroimaging technology is available in-house, allowing for timely results and faster diagnoses